QUESTION! Methadone peach/orange wafers?
OpiateQueen
2006-03-12 05:15:59 UTC
Hello everyone!
I have a question for you...I got several of the 'regular' 40mg
wafers today; to my surprise, my friend pulled out a peach coloured
one! It looked the same on 1 side (perforated into 4ths); however it
had the numbers 54/883 printed on the back, and the shape was in
between a square & a rectangle, with 'rounded' edges....my friend said
he & his wife took 1 and it absolutely tore them outta their frames!!
He said they're MUCH stronger then the regular white ones....they came
from a cancer patient....so obviously these peach/orange wafers still
exist? Are they 40mg ones, or perhaps even a higher dose-i.e., 120mg?
Thanks in advance for any info - hope all of you had a great weekend
:-)

Cheers-
purple_pimp_2121
2006-03-12 05:38:24 UTC
Post by OpiateQueen
Hello everyone!
I have a question for you...I got several of the 'regular' 40mg
wafers today; to my surprise, my friend pulled out a peach coloured
one! It looked the same on 1 side (perforated into 4ths); however it
had the numbers 54/883 printed on the back, and the shape was in
between a square & a rectangle, with 'rounded' edges....my friend said
he & his wife took 1 and it absolutely tore them outta their frames!!
He said they're MUCH stronger then the regular white ones....they came
from a cancer patient....so obviously these peach/orange wafers still
exist? Are they 40mg ones, or perhaps even a higher dose-i.e., 120mg?
Thanks in advance for any info - hope all of you had a great weekend
:-)
Cheers-
There are no 120mg methadone tablets. I promise you that, dude. If
you want to identify the pill, go to rxlist.com and use the advanced
pill search option. You can search by imprint. It will give you a
description of what each pill looks like.

Nick
Mojo
2006-03-13 05:14:29 UTC
Post by OpiateQueen
Hello everyone!
I have a question for you...I got several of the 'regular' 40mg
wafers today; to my surprise, my friend pulled out a peach coloured
one! It looked the same on 1 side (perforated into 4ths); however it
had the numbers 54/883 printed on the back, and the shape was in
between a square & a rectangle, with 'rounded' edges....my friend said
he & his wife took 1 and it absolutely tore them outta their frames!!
He said they're MUCH stronger then the regular white ones....they came
from a cancer patient....so obviously these peach/orange wafers still
exist? Are they 40mg ones, or perhaps even a higher dose-i.e., 120mg?
Thanks in advance for any info - hope all of you had a great weekend
:-)
Cheers-
x-no-archive:yes

Hmmmm I've been on methadone over 20 years and thats all I have ever
gotten from my clinic are the 40mg peach wafers, scored into 4 quarters.
A few times they have given out white wafers, but nobody seemed to like
them, so they always go back to the peach ones. I think the peach ones
are quite common at methadone clinics.
Levo R. Phanol
2006-03-15 14:36:05 UTC
Post by Mojo
Post by OpiateQueen
[...]
Yes, the peach wafers / 'biscuits' w/imprint code 54 over 883 are indeed
40mg methadone tabs manufactured by Roxane.. That's all I've ever
gotten at my clinic in Chicago. They do offer the 'methadose' white
tablets, which are formulated differently (different binders, etc.) but
almost no one I know prefers them except for a few folks who find the
peach ones hard on their digestive system. Boy I sure miss the days
when 40mg would do something for me ... 4x that nowadays - yikes.

Levo
pj001
2006-03-28 01:58:06 UTC
The peach/orange is methadone, the white is methadose...There is a mile
of difference between the pink liquid oral concentrate that the done
clinics in Wa. state use and the wafers(peach) 40mgs. that I was given
at a clinic in L.Vegas. Completely apples to oranges
DopeyOpie8
2006-03-13 12:54:06 UTC
Post by OpiateQueen
Hello everyone!
I have a question for you...I got several of the 'regular' 40mg
wafers today; to my surprise, my friend pulled out a peach coloured
one! It looked the same on 1 side (perforated into 4ths); however it
had the numbers 54/883 printed on the back, and the shape was in
between a square & a rectangle,
There's a "square", and there's a "rectangle"...I'm trying to visualize what
could be "between" the two. I mean, if it's square, as soon as it becomes
even slightly longer than it is wide..it's "rectangle"..It remains a
"rectangle" until the "long side" becomes shortened enough to exactly match
the "short side"...Can you explain what you mean? It's keeping me
awake..like trying to imagine the sound of one hand clapping. It just seems
to me that there isn't anything between a square and a rectangle.
Mike

OpiateQueen
2006-03-18 06:55:51 UTC
The peach ones look about tha same as the white wafers, except the
edges are rounded - unlike the white ones, which ARE rounded...hence, a
round pill! :-) The peach wafers have rounded edges, and are just a
bit longer in length then the white ones, and about tha same in the
width. Does this help?
Sorry for the confusion :-)

Cheerio,
mary_blackchurch
2006-03-18 21:44:40 UTC
These sound like a trip..have never seen them for myself but will ask
my pharmacist if they're availabel In Canada. I would think so.

Or maybe I'd better not..wouldn't want to give them ideas. I imagine
the whole lot of Canadian methaodne users (with very few
exceptions)..would be highly pissed..cookies over juice?

Me thinks not..

Would love to see them though. What do they tatse like and up til what
dosage do they come in?

Good week-end to you
Mary
pj001
2006-03-28 02:01:06 UTC
They taste horrible and have to be mixed preferably with a orange
flavoed "tang"-type juice.... 40mgs in strength.
Haywood J Ablowmee
2007-04-24 18:37:14 UTC
What you have is a propriatary clinic's house brand, most likely a
Whitney Labs diskette.

MAS
2007-04-26 15:51:14 UTC
Yeah, they're 40mg diskettes, scored into 10mg quarters. You can either put
them in a cup of hot water (won't dissolve that well with cool water) then
add some cool water after they dissolve, or just swallow them like a regular
pill but drink lots of water.
straight_shooter
can you inject the 40mg wafers IV and if so how???
pookie
2007-05-01 04:52:19 UTC
Post by OpiateQueen
Hello everyone!
I have a question for you...I got several of the 'regular' 40mg
wafers today; to my surprise, my friend pulled out a peach coloured
one! It looked the same on 1 side (perforated into 4ths); however it
had the numbers 54/883 printed on the back, and the shape was in
between a square & a rectangle, with 'rounded' edges....my friend said
he & his wife took 1 and it absolutely tore them outta their frames!!
He said they're MUCH stronger then the regular white ones....they came
from a cancer patient....so obviously these peach/orange wafers still
exist? Are they 40mg ones, or perhaps even a higher dose-i.e., 120mg?
Thanks in advance for any info - hope all of you had a great weekend
:-)
Cheers-
can you inject the 40mg wafers IV and if so how???
Am I losing my mind? Didn't we just have a question and answer on this? For
the umpty-leventh time, NO, you cannot IV the 40 mg wafers. They are meant
to be consumed orally and are wasted if done any other way.

<sigh> I would have given a sarcastic answer in the affirmative, but someone
probably would have taken it seriously and tried to do it....

pookie
--
The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of
thinking with which we created them.
Cabbi
pookie
2007-05-20 02:08:48 UTC
Post by Cabbi
http://bidocs.boehringer-ingelheim.com/BIWebAccess/ViewServlet.ser?docBase=renetnt&folderPath=/Prescribing+Information/PIs/Roxane/Methadone/Methadone+Diskets.pdf
Couldn't access that page without a password.